Very Inspiring Blogger
Geez, I’ve never been nominated for a blog award before. *blushes* Given how I was pondering what I wanted to post about this week, though, the timing is lovely. The best I was coming up with concerned an extended metaphor connecting the mist rising from the creek behind the house and my need for coffee in the morning, so trust me, this is a reprieve for all involved. Let me see what I need to do here…*unwraps award instructions*
Participation Rules (straight from http://thejennymacbookblog.wordpress.com/, whence my nomination came).
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Okay then! 1 and 2 are taken care of, so we’re on to:
Seven Things About Me
1) I alternate between believing none of us are born murderers and all of us are. The flip-flops tend to align with whether or not I can get an inanimate object to do what I want the first time or not.
2) Reading has always come easy to me. This is a huge advantage in life, for which I am grateful to my genetics, phonetics, and my late grandfather, J. Paul Howe (not in that order). He went through the weekend comics with me every Saturday when I was two, especially the (then trendy for the first time) phonetic reading feature.
3) “Butterscotch” as a name for candy irritates me. It’s false advertising. Where’s the scotch?
4) I can travel by myself, without my wife or son, for about two days before their gaping absence hits me.
5) A large swath of Japanese Honeysuckle bit the big one this weekend by my hand. My son helped. The chainsaw helped more.
6) Given 2) above, I should read more than I do. I’m such a slacker these days.
7) Wednesday night past I did a presentation on using the search and tracking features of Duotrope and QueryTracker for my writers’ group (Writers Under the Arch). Much happiness ensued, proving my assertion that once you can track, you never go back.
There. Now to share the fun:
1 – http://annaschwind.com/
2 – http://jeffreyricker.wordpress.com/
3 – http://transylvaniandutch.com/td/
4 – http://poemblaze.wordpress.com/
5 – http://pateby.typepad.com/pat-eby/
6 – http://filterpret.com/
7 – http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/
8 – http://writingishardwork.com/
9 – http://hikingphoto.com/
10 – http://ashleyjillian.com/
11 – http://thepoetsbillow.org/
12 – http://ellisnelson.com/
13 – http://blog.lynseymay.com/
14 – http://clotildajamcracker.wordpress.com/
15 – http://roboticrhetoric.wordpress.com/
With some of these, I am inspired by their craft; by others their dedication, or attitude, or thoughtfulness. I leave it to you (and them) to sort out which is which.