Always scroll down
How to go about writing a synopsis for a novel you’ve not yet written in a series:
1) Dig up notes on novel you made immediately after writing the one before.
2) Extract critical plot elements from notes.
3) Insert plot elements into handy-dandy synopsis creation formula.
4) Begin building a mental model of the novel as the shape of the plot becomes more evident.
5) Make crucial decisions about character arcs. Who lives? Who dies? Who fails? Who prevails?
6) Start getting warm feeling inside as you think, “yes, I can do this!”
7) Discover another page of notes.
8) Return to 2), above.